RSCF Support lines
Support Line 1
SL 1 helps new fund managers in the RSCF space during the fundraising stage.
SL 1 is a conditional grant limited to USD 750,000 that is paid back once the fund reaches a first close.
Support Line 2
SL 2 supports funds and investment advisors to funds in building a project pipeline while at the same time delivering capacity-building at the local developer level.
SL 2 provides support in conjunction with SL 3 for a total amount of between USD 0.5 million and USD 2.5 million per partner. SL 2 is a non-reimbursable grant and accounts for 30% of the total contract volume.
Support Line 3
SL 3 co-finances, with funds and investment advisors to funds, the development costs of getting seeded projects to full financial close.
SL 3 provides support in conjunction with SL 2 for a total amount of between USD 0.5 million and USD 2.5 million per partner. SL 3 accounts for 70% of the total contract volume and is a conditional grant that is reimbursable for projects that reach financial close.
Activities typically financed under SL 1 include:
- Fundraising costs (e.g. travel expenses)
- Legal set-up fees
Activities typically financed under SL 2 include:
- Training, coaching and workshops for local project developers
- Project identification (e.g., event participation, travel expenses)
- Pre-investment feasibility studies
Activities typically financed under SL 3 include:
- Independent technical and project assessments
- Feasibility studies
- Financial risk analysis and project valuation
- Regulatory compliance and framework reviews
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG) risk analysis